You don't need to be a trained musician or professional singer to sing barbershop. The Heart of Maryland Chorus acheives singing excellence through a program of music education and vocal training that has produced award-winning results.
We provide vocal training, the chance to sing in public, and the opportunity to sing in a chorus or with just three other guys in a barbershop quartet. Singing or other musical experience is welcome, but not necessary.
- Membership is open to men of any age!
- If you can carry a tune we can teach you to sing 4-part harmony!
- None of us are professionals, even if we sound like it!
- Only some of us read music - we have many ways to learn!
- We don't just sing "old songs", we sing many genres in the barbershop style!
- We are an inclusive group with many activities to include family and significant others!
The chorus meets every Tuesday night between 7:30pm and 10:00pm. Guests are welcome to visit any rehearsal and we also have special guest nights throughout the year.
We meet at Salem Lutheran Church on Frederick Road in Catonsville, MD. Visitors are always welcome to pick up a guest book and sing with us or to just listen. See our directions page for a map and driving directions.